Zach Braff is back.
Using Kickstarter to fund the film afforded Braff the opportunity to keep complete creative control. Not only did the “Scrubs” alum direct the film, but he also wrote the screenplay with his brother Adam Braff.
The film is an introspective comedy that follows a 30-something failing actor coming to terms with his career and family. Proving to be a Sundance Film Festival standout, “Wish I Was Here” is set to hit the big screen through Focus Features on July 18 for the rest of us.
Following the Grammy Award-winning “Garden State” soundtrack, expectations are stacked high, but with this current soundtrack’s line up, there should be no problem matching, if not exceeding, the first soundtrack.
In additional to older, folk-influenced songs, the 15 track compilation houses just released tracks by artists such as Bon Iver, The Shins, and Coldplay, to name a few.
Take a look, and listen to the complete list below. The soundtrack’s release date, through Columbia Records, is set for July 15 and will be available on vinyl on August 5.
1. The Shins “So Now What”
2. Gary Jules “Broke Window”
3. Radical Face “The Mute”
4. Hozier “Cherry Wine (Live)”
5. Bon Iver “Holocene”
6. Badly Drawn Boy “The Shining”
7. Jump Little Children “Mexico”
8. Cat Power & Coldplay “Wish I Was Here”
9. Allie Moss “Wait It Out”
10. Paul Simon “The Obvious Child”
11. Japanese Wallpaper “Breathe In [ft. Wafia]“
12. Bon Iver “Heavenly Father”
13. Aaron Embry “Raven’s Song”
14. The Weepies “Mend”
15. The Head & the Heart “No One to Let You Down”